- Read Any Good Books Lately? Yes, I Have!
- The British Are Coming! The British Are Coming! Again!
- Not Just Another Pretty Place :: Best New England Breakfast
- The Berkshires are Blooming :: Lenox MA Weekend Getaways
- Yummy April Fool – No Joke!
- Downton Abbey Was Inspire by Lenox Author
- The Berkshires: One of the Top 10 Unexpectedly Romantic Places
- Tanglewood in Lenox, MA Adds Etheridge, Warren Haynes, Boston Pops, Jerry Garcia Music
- Raves for Eggnog Croissant French Toast Panini
- I Saw Charley Kissing Santa Claus in the Berkshires!
- Travels with Charley: from Lenox MA to Paris
- Berkshire Deals: Save 25% as Birchwood Takes the Chill out of Winter
- Charley, the Dog, Travels to France: The Prologue
- Top 10 Things To Do in the Berkshires in the Fall!
- Savor a Sweet Harvest Summer Salad Recipe!
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Downton Abbey fans — and aren’t we all? — are you aware that Historic Lenox, MA has ties to the series to which we are all addicted? According to Julian Fellowes, the creator of Downton Abbey, his writing is very much influenced by author Edith Wharton, who lived and wrote in Lenox (I’m quite sure [...]
Quinn says: Lenox, MA, in the heart of The Berkshires, has been compared to a Currier and Ives sketch. This is especially true during the December holiday period. And there’s nothing that says New England better than Lenox village dressed in holiday-style. Catch [...]
We’ve had 80 inches of snow this winter! Great for Piper and me to roll in! We haven’t been the only ones to embrace this flaky winter. ABC thought it was great and picturesque as well. Remember that January storm? Well, the Berkshires were in the eye of it and captured the eye of ABC, [...]
Of course, says Quinn, I have a whole cookie jar of things for which I am thankful, but at this time of year, I am especially thankful to those who carve the turkey each year and share!
I have made some new and very special new furry friends in the past few months, but Phoebe (and her mom and dad, of course) is a special one. She really feels at home at Birchwood Inn and knows where the toys. Phoebe especially loves hikes in Kennedy Park, window-shopping in Lenox village, and perhaps [...]
Posted by Quinn: Sorry that I haven’t posted in a while but I am so busy in the summer entertaining the guests, both human and canine; going to concerts and plays; and lunching on the patio at Church Street Cafe. Of the concerts at Tanglewood, Carole King won paws down! And I never miss the [...]
Quinn says… I’m not good with dates so I was surprised this morning when Ellen wished me a happy birthday, my 11th! I LOVE birthdays! I put on my Birthday Dog scarf and started my day. I made the rounds of the dining room, thinking that people would sneak me some food because it is [...]
I love Carriage Rides. Cool! You sit and trot at a leisurely pace while folks on the sidewalks wave. I know because I’ve been on two rides, as you can see in the photo. And you’ll have a chance to enjoy a Carriage Ride through historic Lee on Memorial Day Weekend. If this is successful, [...]
Started off the day on a hot note. At breakfast I was sitting by the gas fireplace in the dining room when suddenly my tail was on fire!!! The guest sitting closest to be quickly put out the blaze, and I am just fine. My tail is tad shorter but no big deal. Fortunately the [...]
… this is going to be one “wow” foliage…