- Read Any Good Books Lately? Yes, I Have!
- The British Are Coming! The British Are Coming! Again!
- Not Just Another Pretty Place :: Best New England Breakfast
- The Berkshires are Blooming :: Lenox MA Weekend Getaways
- Yummy April Fool – No Joke!
- Downton Abbey Was Inspire by Lenox Author
- The Berkshires: One of the Top 10 Unexpectedly Romantic Places
- Tanglewood in Lenox, MA Adds Etheridge, Warren Haynes, Boston Pops, Jerry Garcia Music
- Raves for Eggnog Croissant French Toast Panini
- I Saw Charley Kissing Santa Claus in the Berkshires!
- Travels with Charley: from Lenox MA to Paris
- Berkshire Deals: Save 25% as Birchwood Takes the Chill out of Winter
- Charley, the Dog, Travels to France: The Prologue
- Top 10 Things To Do in the Berkshires in the Fall!
- Savor a Sweet Harvest Summer Salad Recipe!
Category Archives: Travel
I am just back from France. Will Paris ever be the same? I loved my first plane ride. I curled up under Ellen’s seat and slept all the way to France. First escalator? A piece of cake! I walked my little paws off! Wow, the City of Lights is enormous, especially considering that I am [...]
Quinn says: Lenox, MA, in the heart of The Berkshires, has been compared to a Currier and Ives sketch. This is especially true during the December holiday period. And there’s nothing that says New England better than Lenox village dressed in holiday-style. Catch [...]
Quinn reports: Janice (Ellen’s great friend since 2nd Grade), Ellen and I were on our way to Williamstown the other day to celebrate Ellen’s birthday and to take Janice to the Clark Art Institute‘s Pissarro’s People exhibit. It was a beautiful Indian Summer day, so we left Birchwood Inn and took the scenic route via [...]
Says Quinn: Despite Irene’s unwelcome end-of-summer visit, this was one of the best of my 12 summers at Birchwood Inn. Ellen and I have created a Top Ten Best of Summer 2011 list: # 10 -Best play we missed: “Sylvia” — about a dog of course — at the Berkshire Theatre Festival # 9 -Best Tanglewood Concert [...]
As a most fine and upstanding canine, I am not at all happy that these miserably hot days in the Northeast, with unheard of temperatures in the 90s and humidity that even curls my hair, are called Dog Days. Dogs are cool! Here in Lenox, in the heart of the Berkshire Hills in Western Massachusetts, [...]
According to Quinn. Bloggers are supposed to blog about what they are passionate about. Ellen and I are both passionate about baseball! The game is the great equalizer — a cab driver is often found sitting next to a Fortune 500 CEO. Last week we savored the joys of New York. It was so exciting [...]
Latin dancers are heating up the Berkshires this weekend and visitors to our Bed and Breakfast in Lenox, MA are in for a real treat! Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival and the Massachusetts Museum of Modern Art (MASSMoCA) co-present Los Munequitos de Matanzas at MASSMoCA in North Adams, in the Berkshires beautiful North County. This company [...]
Quinn says: I think I’ve seen some green in Birchwood Inn’s garden, and the daffodil and tulips beginning to sprout, so spring must nearly be here in the beautiful Berkshires. And lots of events are blossoming. One of the biggest blooms will the Tanglewood British Motorcar Festival, June 17-19, 2011. Friday features a Driving Tour [...]
Started off the day on a hot note. At breakfast I was sitting by the gas fireplace in the dining room when suddenly my tail was on fire!!! The guest sitting closest to be quickly put out the blaze, and I am just fine. My tail is tad shorter but no big deal. Fortunately the [...]
” I work very hard for my cookies!”