What is there to do in the Berkshires in winter? I personally love to roll in the snow and make dog angels, but most of our guests come to downhill ski (Jiminy Peak, Butternut, Catamount or Bosquet), cross-country ski (Notchview, ) or snowshoe in neighboring Kennedy Park.
If you visit midweek in the winter, you can dine exceptionally well and less expensively at some of the best restaurants.
- Alta in Lenox – 3 course dinners for $25.00
- Chez Nous in Lee – save 15% on Sun. and Thurs.
- Castle Street Cafe in Great Barrington – 3 courses for $19.89 Sun.-Thurs.
- Napa in Great Barrington – $18.00
- Allium in Great Barrington – $25.00
- John Andrews in South Egremont – $25.00 prix fixe menu
- The Old Inn on the Green – $25.00 Wed., Thurs., and Sun.
[While all of these restaurants are pleasing and then some, I prefer Joe’s Diner because people there tend to drop more food on the floor!]