Don’t Miss Afternoon Tea!
After a day of sightseeing and shopping, concerts and plays, museums and historic homes, or hiking and skiing, put your feet up, relax and refresh with afternoon tea and freshly baked pastries at our Berkshires B&B – fireside in cool seasons and porch-side in warmer ones.
Welcome to our Policy Page! Since only kindergartners love surprises, please acquaint yourself with our information regarding deposits, cancellations, pets, no smoking, and amenities. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding our policies.
Room Rates and Policies of our Beautiful Lenox, MA Bed and Breakfast:
- All rates are per room, double occupancy. There is a $40.00 charge for each additional person.
- A full country, award-winning breakfast, served at individual tables generally at 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m., and afternoon tea are included in all room rates.
- State and local room tax is 11.7%.
- Rates and minimum stays are subject to increases for most holidays and special events.
- Prices and terms are subject to change without notice (but not once you have made your reservation).
- Please click here to see the rate chart for our Lenox inn.
- Smoking is not permitted within our Berkshires inn or within 10 feet of the entry, porch, and Carriage House doors. Smoking is permitted in the garden.
- We are dog friendly, but certain conditions apply: See our dog-friendly policies here.
- Children – well-behaved children 12 and over are welcome.
- Summer weekend reservations are accepted from repeat guests only until late December. New guests are invited to put their names on our waiting list, and they will be contacted in late December/early January.
- We do not have a liquor license but guests are welcome to bring their own alcoholic beverages.
Minimum Stays and Deposits:
- There is a three-night minimum stay on Tanglewood Season weekends as well as on most holiday weekends.
- There is a two-night minimum stay for midweek stays during Tanglewood and Foliage Seasons.
- Weekends during Tanglewood Season are Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- There is a two-night minimum stay on weekends, excluding holiday weekends, from Labor Day through late June.
- Minimum stays are subject to increases for most holidays.
- A one-night deposit for stays of three nights or less (with a valid major credit card, check or money order) is required when making a reservation. A 50% deposit is required for stays of four nights or more.
- Should you wish to cancel or change your reservation for any reason, we do require at least 14 days’ advance notice (21 days from June-November 1) during Tanglewood and Foliage Seasons, the Christmas-New Year’s holiday season, and longer for groups of 3 or more rooms) to be agreed with owners at time of booking. With at least 14 (21) days’ notice, we will refund your deposit, less a service charge of 10% of your total reservation.
- Cancellations made within the 14-day (21-day) period will be charged for the full amount of the reserved stay unless we are able to rebook the room.
- If we are able to rebook the room, we will refund the rebooked portion, less the 10% service charge.
- Winter Weather Cancellation Policy: If the roads are treacherous due to weather and you need to cancel at the last minute, if you rebook immediately, we will charge your balance on your credit card and apply 100% of your payment to your new reservation.
- We are a small inn and cancellations affect us dramatically. If you have any concerns about possibly having to cancel, we do recommend inexpensive trip cancellation insurance.
Check-In and Check-Out Times:
- Check-in: 3:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. We are unable to accommodate early check-ins during the Tanglewood and Foliage Seasons. If you anticipate arriving after 7:30 p.m., please let us know ahead of time so that we can make special arrangements.
- Check-out: 11:00 a.m.
- All guest rooms have private baths, hairdryers, and toiletries.
- All guest rooms have telephones for outgoing calls.
- All guest and public rooms have free wireless internet access.
- All guest rooms are air-conditioned (seasonal).
- A portable stereo system is available for guest use.
- Portable DVD players and DVDs are available for guest use.
- Irons and ironing boards are available for guest use.
Special Events at Birchwood Inn:
We welcome the opportunity to host
- Small weddings (under 30 guests)
- Family/friend reunions; small conferences/retreats
- Luncheons and teas
- Open to guests from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Our guest refrigerator is stocked with soft drinks, and there is some room for guest food and drinks.
- Coffee and tea are available 24/7, with a Keurig System for coffee and an Instant Hot dispenser for tea
- Ice maker, ice buckets, corkscrews
- Concierge Service: We are happy to make dinner reservations for our guests and provide a wealth of information and directions.
We hope to see you soon in our Berkshires inn.