- Travels with Charley :: Our Beloved Hearing Dog
- How Would You Celebrate Birchwood Inn’s 250th Birthday?
- Oh Brave New Brews! Lenox & Surrounding Area Breweries
- Stay at Birchwood Inspires Guest to Wax Poetic
- “Happy” in the Berkshires!
- The Most Requested Recipe This Year
- Celebrating the Bard! Shakespeare’s 450th Birthday
- Lenox is Harmony
- Why Birchwood Inn Is the Best Bed and Breakfast in Lenox and the Berkshires
- Warming Up from the Inside Out with a Hot Toddy Recipe
- Peppermint Bark
- GET AWAY TO LENOX FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
- Quinn Enjoys Retirement
- Jumping Rocks’ Captures Our Soul
- Read Any Good Books Lately? Yes, I Have!
Category Archives: Hearing Ear Dog
Woof! I’m Charley, Ellen’s hearing dog for the past three years. As you know, Quinn has been retired for several years and is living the good quiet life at the Inn, so she has asked me to take over the blog. Quinn wants you to know that even though she is an elderly Golden Retriever […]
Hi! Sorry I haven’t written in a long time. Thank you for all of my 14th birthday greetings last month! I am so lucky to have so many friends and admirers! Many of you have asked how I am and how I am enjoying retirement. At first, I must admit that it was kind of […]
Thank you, Quinn, for letting me use your space as I moved to Birchwood Inn earlier this year and Quinn has been very good to me. My bags are packed; I’m ready to go! I’ve had all of my shots. My paperwork is completed. I’ve packed my favorite turtle “egg,” Woofgang Pup pizza, and my […]
Thank you everyone for asking how I am enjoying retirement, how Charley is doing, and how we are getting along. At the risk of sounding like Sally Field, I just have to say, “You love me! You really love me!” At first I thought retirement was overrated. So boring. Charley would go out with Ellen, […]
Quinn says: It’s just about official — I retire as Ellen’s hearing dog in April! I will miss going everywhere with Ellen, and I will miss the traveling and seeing my far flung friends, but I get to sleep in. I won’t be disturbed in the middle of one of my naps to accompany Ellen […]
Quinn says: The innkeeping community is a most caring one. You may recall that although I’m as fit as a puppy, at age 12 1/2, I am losing my hearing. For a hearing service dog, this is like Beethoven losing his hearing. And so I am looking forward to retiring. But in the meantime, NEADS, […]
Says Quinn: Remember when Snoopy returned to Daisy Hill Puppy Farm for a reunion? Earlier this week I had a similar experience. When I was a puppy, my brother Dakota and I went to NEADS, the National Education for Assistive Dog Service, based in West Boylston, MA. From there we went to the prison in […]