- GET AWAY TO LENOX FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
- Quinn Enjoys Retirement
- Jumping Rocks’ Captures Our Soul
- Read Any Good Books Lately? Yes, I Have!
- The British Are Coming! The British Are Coming! Again!
- Not Just Another Pretty Place :: Best New England Breakfast
- The Berkshires are Blooming :: Lenox MA Weekend Getaways
- Yummy April Fool – No Joke!
- Downton Abbey Was Inspire by Lenox Author
- The Berkshires: One of the Top 10 Unexpectedly Romantic Places
- Tanglewood in Lenox, MA Adds Etheridge, Warren Haynes, Boston Pops, Jerry Garcia Music
- Raves for Eggnog Croissant French Toast Panini
- I Saw Charley Kissing Santa Claus in the Berkshires!
- Travels with Charley: from Lenox MA to Paris
- Berkshire Deals: Save 25% as Birchwood Takes the Chill out of Winter
Category Archives: Food
Excuse us for tooting our own horn but we just can’t resist… Sure, Birchwood Inn with its gracious porch, colorful gardens, New England stone fences, elegant library, 19th century dining room, comfortably decorated rooms, and nearly 250 years of history is beautiful. But beauty goes only so far. There has to be substance, or in […]
I’ll admit it — for me, food is fun! And as the first of April is nearly here, it’s time for one of my favorite — and easiest — Afternoon Tea recipes at our Berkshires Bed and Breakfast. April Strawberry Fool. A fool is an old English dessert made by mixing pureed fruit, whipped cream, […]
Birchwood Inn in Lenox, MA, guests loved the Eggnog Croissant French Toast Paninis we served on Christmas Day. But why wait for Christmas? Recipe serves 8 Ingredients 8 large croissants 4 cups eggnog 1/4 cup bourbon 4 large eggs 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg 1 teaspoon cinnamon 8 ounces cream cheese, softened 10 large strawberries […]
There’s still time to enjoy the flavors of summer with our Sweet Harvest Summer Salad Recipe! I was walking through Guido’s, our incomparable local marketplace last week and saw Guido’s Kitchen making a salad that caught my eye: Vegetable confetti. Our Labor Day Weekend guests at our Berkshires bed and breakfast chomped it up, and […]
At our Berkshires bed and breakfast, we serve a fruit course to begin our award-winning breakfasts. One of the joys of the season is Honeydew Gazpacho, borrowed from my friend Lynnette Scofield at The William Henry Miller Inn in Ithaca, NY. Hot outside? This chilled soup is so cool! One ripe honeydew 1/4-1/2 cup sugar […]
Nothing brings people together at our Berkshires B&B like food! Have I ever told you about the Eight Broads? If not, I have been remiss. Very much so. Several years ago, eight innkeepers from across the US who share a passion for food – creating and eating – got together and created a food blog. […]
Quinn says: Lenox, MA, in the heart of The Berkshires, has been compared to a Currier and Ives sketch. This is especially true during the December holiday period. And there’s nothing that says New England better than Lenox village dressed in holiday-style. Catch […]
Says Quinn: Despite Irene’s unwelcome end-of-summer visit, this was one of the best of my 12 summers at Birchwood Inn. Ellen and I have created a Top Ten Best of Summer 2011 list: # 10 -Best play we missed: “Sylvia” — about a dog of course — at the Berkshire Theatre Festival # 9 -Best Tanglewood Concert […]
It’s February! For you two-legged creatures, that mean it’s Chocolate Passion Month at Birchwood Inn, with something chocolate on every menu. For you four-legged waggy creatures, it’s Puppy Love Month at the inn. My fellow canines stay free at the inn this month!