Don’t Miss Afternoon Tea!
After a day of sightseeing and shopping, concerts and plays, museums and historic homes, or hiking and skiing, put your feet up, relax and refresh with afternoon tea and freshly baked pastries at our Berkshires B&B – fireside in cool seasons and porch-side in warmer ones.
Join us with your furry friends! At Birchwood Inn we understand that pets are an important part of our lives, and we love pampering you and your pet as our guests.
BirchWOOF Inn Pampered Pet Package
We welcome every dog guest with a comfy dog bed, bowl, towels, pick-up bags, and inn-made Birchwood dog biscuits.
There is a daily fee of $25.00 for each dog. This provides for additional cleaning. Please contact the inn to know if dog friendly rooms are available when planning your stay.
Dog Friendly Berkshires Amenities
Birchwood Inn is the perfect destination for pet friendly vacations in the Berkshires. Kennedy Park is just across the street from our Lenox bed and breakfast, offering more than 450 acres of year-round dog friendly trails to explore. We can also provide recommendations for a number of restaurants that provide pet friendly outdoor dining. And if you want to visit local attractions that do not welcome dogs, we are only a short drive from Camp Wagalot, a well-known and well-loved day and overnight camp for dogs, or we can arrange for a dog-sitter at the Inn (advance reservations required.)
Birchwood Inn’s Pet Policy
To ensure that all guests have an enjoyable stay, we require that all pet parents read and agree to the following policy:
- First and foremost, dogs must be very well-behaved and well-trained furry guests.
- Depending on availability, we accept up to 2 guest dogs at the inn at one time.
- We require that guest dogs be bathed and groomed before coming to the Inn and be at least one-year old and house trained.
- We highly recommend that you have proof of vaccinations with you just in case.
- We must know your pup’s breed before we can accept them as guests as there are a few breeds for which we are not insured.
- Dogs are allowed to accompany their owners on the porch but NOT in the library and dining room.
- Guest pets must be walked off property, and we expect that our guests will clean up after the pets completely. Lenox does have a stoop-and-scoop bylaw as well as a leash bylaw.
- Of course, we ask that your dog NOT share your bed.
- When guests leave their room or the inn, dogs must accompany them or be crated in their room. We expect that dogs will not disturb other guests by barking or whining.
- Guests accompanied by their pet agree to pay for any damages caused or extra-cleaning that may be needed.
- If your dog is not well-behaved or disturbs other guests by barking, the Inn does have the right to ask the owners to kennel their dog or leave. No refunds will be offered.
- Not all rooms are pet friendly, please check with the Inn for availability of pet friendly rooms.