- GET AWAY TO LENOX FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
- Quinn Enjoys Retirement
- Jumping Rocks’ Captures Our Soul
- Read Any Good Books Lately? Yes, I Have!
- The British Are Coming! The British Are Coming! Again!
- Not Just Another Pretty Place :: Best New England Breakfast
- The Berkshires are Blooming :: Lenox MA Weekend Getaways
- Yummy April Fool – No Joke!
- Downton Abbey Was Inspire by Lenox Author
- The Berkshires: One of the Top 10 Unexpectedly Romantic Places
- Tanglewood in Lenox, MA Adds Etheridge, Warren Haynes, Boston Pops, Jerry Garcia Music
- Raves for Eggnog Croissant French Toast Panini
- I Saw Charley Kissing Santa Claus in the Berkshires!
- Travels with Charley: from Lenox MA to Paris
- Berkshire Deals: Save 25% as Birchwood Takes the Chill out of Winter
Category Archives: Commentaries
Says Quinn: Despite Irene’s unwelcome end-of-summer visit, this was one of the best of my 12 summers at Birchwood Inn. Ellen and I have created a Top Ten Best of Summer 2011 list: # 10 -Best play we missed: “Sylvia” — about a dog of course — at the Berkshire Theatre Festival # 9 -Best Tanglewood Concert […]
As a most fine and upstanding canine, I am not at all happy that these miserably hot days in the Northeast, with unheard of temperatures in the 90s and humidity that even curls my hair, are called Dog Days. Dogs are cool! Here in Lenox, in the heart of the Berkshire Hills in Western Massachusetts, […]
Quinn says: Woof! Yay!First snowfall of the season, and Piper and I have already been rolling in it! Ellen may finally get to use her snowshoes (the price tag is still on them)!
Of course, says Quinn, I have a whole cookie jar of things for which I am thankful, but at this time of year, I am especially thankful to those who carve the turkey each year and share!
Quinn writes: Summer has begun on an upbeat note with Carole King in concert with James Taylor on the 4th of July! It was hot and so was Carole. I just couldn’t sit still when she sang, “I Feel the Earth Move Under My Feet.” Just wagged my tail in time with the music. And […]
Quinn says: Wow! We have had some terrific canine visitors recently! There was Gretchen, the dog-shy English Bulldog, who wasn’t wild about having to walk. During Gretchen’s visit, we had five-year-old Welsh Terrier Cory, who was adorable and very well-behaved. A sweet little Yorkie named Phoebe, a real mama’s girl! And lastly, the Prince, a […]
Quinn’s Observations: Piper and I love our mom but we don’t know how to tell her on Mother’s Day. Sometime a wag and a lick just isn’t enough. This year we had a little help from our friend Lynnette in Ithaca, NY. She helped us buy a card (with me on the front!) and used […]
According to Quinn: Nothing smells better than spring in the Berkshires so my finely honed sense of smell is in heaven! The copious lilacs and blankets of lilies-of-the-valley. Freshly cut grass. That spring earthiness of tulips and daffs. All combined with the clean mountain air is a most heady, intoxicating experience. Come up and smell […]
Yesterday was a blustery and somewhat soggy day, a great day for a pig. So I decided to emulate a pig and find out about their habit of rolling in mud. I rolled this way, and then I rolled that way. Fun! Cool! Until I came back to the inn. No one was happy to […]
I know most of you don’t like to shovel snow or drive in snow, but I love snow, especially rolling in it! And with now 16 inches with lots more to come, I’ll be able to make dog angels for days! I also love ice, but I discovered there can be too much of a […]