When we meet visitors at an area restaurant or at Tanglewood, they will often ask us, “Which is the best bed and breakfast in Lenox? Where is the best place to stay in the Berkshires?” Although we aren’t exactly objective, we like to think that it’s Birchwood Inn.
Quinn and Charley say that they know why:
- Our comfortable elegance sets the scene for romantic getaways;
- Our historic 1766 mansion is the oldest home in Lenox;
- Our nine fireplaces create a warm ambiance;
- Our breakfasts have won numerous awards and accolades, including “Best Breakfast in New England;”
- The inn’s front porch is spacious and breezy, a welcome oasis in summer for lounging and afternoon tea;
- Our New England stone fences enclose rapturous gardens;
- Our eclectic library overflows with books you actually want to read;
- Location! Location! Location! Birchwood is two blocks from the downtown historic Lenox, across the street from the 450+ acres of trails in Kennedy Park, and just minutes away from Tanglewood, The Norman Rockwell Museum, Edith Wharton’s restored estate The Mount, Kennedy Park, lakes, ski slopes, horseback riding, biking and hiking, museums and galleries, wineries and breweries, unique boutiques, wild life sanctuaries, spas, and renown restaurants;
- Birchwood is a great starting point for exploring fall foliage;
- Our staff and their commitment to service, cleanliness, and warm and welcoming hospitality;
- Us! Not only are we the sweetest and cutest pups in Lenox, our inn is dog friendly!
- Or maybe it’s Ellen’s chocolate chip cookies.