- Meet the new owners
- Fond Farewell
- How Would You Celebrate Birchwood Inn’s 250th Birthday?
- Oh Brave New Brews! Lenox & Surrounding Area Breweries
- Stay at Birchwood Inspires Guest to Wax Poetic
- “Happy” in the Berkshires!
- The Most Requested Recipe This Year
- Celebrating the Bard! Shakespeare’s 450th Birthday
- Lenox is Harmony
- Warming Up from the Inside Out with a Hot Toddy Recipe
- Peppermint Bark
- GET AWAY TO LENOX FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
- Jumping Rocks’ Captures Our Soul
- Read Any Good Books Lately? Yes, I Have!
- The British Are Coming! The British Are Coming! Again!
Category Archives: Berkshires
There are anniversaries galore in Lenox this year — Tanglewood, Jacob’s Pillow and now Shakespeare & Co, all near our Lenox Bed and Breakfast. Shakespeare & Co’s 35th season is one of rebellion and revolution, and features one of Lenox’s favorite visitors, Academy Award-winning Olympia Dukakis (she loves Cafe Lucia!), in “The Tempest” and OBIE […]
Quinn says: My tail is wagging happily because I know that my friend Arlo (I once sat inhis lap for several hours) will be home for Thanksgiving! The Guthrie Family is home for Thanksgiving again, and at the Colonial Theatre near Birchwood Inn. (Illustration above by Jesse […]
Quinn says: Lenox, MA, in the heart of The Berkshires, has been compared to a Currier and Ives sketch. This is especially true during the December holiday period. And there’s nothing that says New England better than Lenox village dressed in holiday-style. Catch […]
Says Quinn: Yes, they surely do! I’ve lived in the Berkshires at Birchwood Inn for more than 11 years and I learn something new everyday. For instance… There is ice in Ice Glen (Stockbridge) for 9 months a year although it is possible that ice can be found there in July, August, or September. Nathaniel […]
Quinn reports: Janice (Ellen’s great friend since 2nd Grade), Ellen and I were on our way to Williamstown the other day to celebrate Ellen’s birthday and to take Janice to the Clark Art Institute‘s Pissarro’s People exhibit. It was a beautiful Indian Summer day, so we left Birchwood Inn and took the scenic route via […]
Says Quinn: Despite Irene’s unwelcome end-of-summer visit, this was one of the best of my 12 summers at Birchwood Inn. Ellen and I have created a Top Ten Best of Summer 2011 list: # 10 -Best play we missed: “Sylvia” — about a dog of course — at the Berkshire Theatre Festival # 9 -Best Tanglewood Concert […]