Last year’s British Motorcar Festival near our Lenox, MA inn was such an enormously successful event that it calls for an encore! This year’s Berkshire British Motorcar Festival hits the road June 15-17, 2012, in downtown historic Lenox and at Shakespeare & Co. just a couple of blocks from the center of town.
And you don’t have to have a British Motorcar to participate in the weekend events!
- Fun Rally, a 30-minute self-guided rally, back (but paved!) roads driving tour of the scenic Berkshire hills.
- Registrants’ Reception, 4-6 pm, for registrants, car owners and vendors on Shakespeare & Co.’s grounds.
- At 6:15 pm, the British Motorcar owners with festival credentials form a procession to downtown Lenox. This is my favorite event of the weekend with the cars all lined up on the village streets. No drooling on the cars permitted! Also you can enjoy the live British Tribute Band, and savor food and drink along the way.
- The Concours d’Elegance, the judged competition.
- And it’s not over yet! Sunday features a 60-minute scenic driving tour, led by a 1947 Bentley, starting at 8:30 am. Be still my heart!
- British-themed Tailgate Picnic Competition.
- British Car Corral so get your checkbooks out as this is an opportunity to buy or sell a British motorcar or motorcycle.
Throughout the weekend British companies and vendors will be selling all things British at the British Market Place & Auto Jumble.
Come and have a great weekend during your stay at our Lenox, MA Inn!